I came across this article this morning and felt it was too important not to share. Please take a moment and read A Father's Day Message to all Dads. That being said, CRDC wishes all of you Dads out there, a most wonderful Father’s Day!
We are just days away from the NY Primaries. The following Newsletter has important information and last minute reminders. If anyone has any questions regarding the upcoming elections, please feel free to reach out.
- Last day to request was Tuesday, June 16
- Must be postmarked by June 22 (although postpaid envelopes are not usually postmarked). Please mail your ballot as early as possible. You can also deliver it by hand to the Board of Elections at 200 Varick Street
- Make sure to sign and date the inner envelope where indicated or your ballot will be invalidated
Tuesday, June 23, 2020: 6 am – 9 pm
Double check your pollsite on materials mailed to you by the Board of Elections or on https://nyc.pollsitelocator.com. Some poll sites throughout the City have been moved or closed. In our area, it appears that the poll sites that are usually located at The Associated Blind on 23rd between 6th and 7th have been moved to IS70, 333 West 17th Street between 8th and 9th.
What’s on the Ballot
Delegate to the Democratic National Convention
- Pledged to particular candidates
- You need not vote for the delegates committed to your chosen candidate for President
- You can mix and max candidates up to the maximum for your Congressional District
- US Congress
- NYS Senate
Why your choice for President and Delegate to the Convention Matter
Even though Vice President Biden appears to have the votes to get the nomination, your vote still matters. Positions on the Platform Committee and other key working groups will be determined partly based on the votes that candidates receive. Delegates elected to the Convention will be eligible to participate in the process and will vote on the finished product.
Reminder: CRDC Endorsements
- No endorsement for President. Vote for your favorite candidate.
- Congressmember Carolyn Maloney for reelection in CD 12 (roughly the area east of 8thAvenue in our AD)
- Congressmember Jerrold Nadler for reelection in CD 10 (roughly the area west of 8th Avenue in our AD)
- NYS Senator Brad Hoylman for reelection in SD
The horrifying and senseless death of George Floyd while in the custody of Minneapolis police has thrown the United States into a state of grief and turmoil. Racism is a stain on our humanity, and good people must gather peacefully together to resist and repel it. We must see and hear each other; and we must work together to rewrite the rules so that everyone, with no exceptions, can live without fear, care for their families, have their voices heard, and their rights respected.
If you are looking for ways to participate and/or support, a number of organizations and resources are listed here.
Love and solidarity,
The CRDC Board