As we wrap up our first week in Phase 3, it's important that we continue to practice social distancing and wear our masks!
There are plenty of great ways to stay involved & stay informed while continuing to #staysafe. Whether it’s joining a Zoom meeting, filling out your census, or reading some our helpful Resources, we hope that you find the information below helpful.
Join us on Thursday at 7pm for Conversations on Black Lives Matter. This program is about educating our members and guests about what Black Lives Matter means, the recent impact on our criminal justice system and reform, our schools, moving forward, and what we can do as allies. Click on the Facebook link above or here for Zoom Meeting ID: 822 2718 3880, Password: 892106, Call In: 1-929-436-2866 #892106. Guest Speakers include...
- Charles Khan - Organizing Director at the Stronger Economy For All Coalition
- Luana Green - Community Activist in Penn South, Chelsea
- Janella Hinds - UFT Vice President of Academic High Schools
- Eric Adams - Brooklyn Borough President
This past Saturday was the NY for Biden Unity Rally. As we gear up for the next few months before the Presidential Election, the strategy is clear - Protect states that Democrats won narrowly in 2016, Win Back states that Democrats won in 2008 or 2012 and lost in 2016, and Expand our coalition to include new battleground states that are now in play based on 2018 trends. If you're interested in volunteering or learning more, please email NewYorkforBiden@gmail.com. Here are several upcoming events from the Campaign Trail:
- Join the Women for Biden call this Thursday, July 16, 7:00, with special guest Stacey Abrams. https://www.mobilize.us/joebiden/event/283825/
- Wednesday, July 15, 6:00PM - Students of Color for Biden Phone Bank https://www.mobilize.us/joebiden/event/283321/
- Saturday, July 18, 1:00PM - Hell’s Kitchen Swing States Democrats Phone Bank https://www.mobilize.us/hkdems/event/284705/
Maloney for Congress is looking for volunteers to help out with Affidavit Review & Voter Watcher. To volunteer with Affidavit Review, fill out the form below.
1. Sign Up Form
2. Affidavit Review Guide - This is the guide for the entire process.
The horrifying and senseless death of George Floyd while in the custody of Minneapolis police has thrown the United States into a state of grief and turmoil. Racism is a stain on our humanity, and good people must gather peacefully together to resist and repel it. We must see and hear each other; and we must work together to rewrite the rules so that everyone, with no exceptions, can live without fear, care for their families, have their voices heard, and their rights respected.
If you are looking for ways to participate and/or support, a number of organizations and resources are listed here.
"In a racist society, it is not enough to be non-racist. We must be anti-racist." - Angela Davis
Love and solidarity,
The CRDC Board