I hope everyone is still doing as well as they can be. We will get through this together!!! If you need any kind of assistance, please do not hesitate and reach out to us. We are truly living through dark and scary times, but we do all have each, albeit online or a phone call away. We truly are #AloneTogether. We must continue to #StayHome and follow all safety precautions.
Things you can do to keep active:
- Find out how you can help New Yorkers affected by COVID-19 and how you can receive COVID-19-related assistance: NYC.gov/helpnownyc
- Stay up to date on COVID-19 information, resources, daily life & coping: https://www.cdc.gov/
- From @nycseniors: "We are working tirelessly to ensure the older New Yorkers have access to daily meals. This week, senior centers across the City have been transitioning from providing grab-and-go meals to a direct delivery system. Questions? 📞 Call Aging Connect at 212-244-6469."
- New York City #BikeMatch: Have a bike? Need a bike? In NYC, bicycles are essential transportation for many who need to get around during the coronavirus outbreak. This might include traveling to essential jobs, running crucial errands, or participating in mutual aid for vulnerable people who cannot leave their homes. Transportation Alternatives is connecting New Yorkers who have an extra bicycle to New Yorkers who need one. Whether you have a bike or need a bike, fill out the form and you will be matched.
- If you haven’t filled out your Census yet, you can do so here ----> www.my2020census.gov Takes less than 10 minutes to fill out. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.
- Something to make you smile... https://dianeravitch.net/2020/04/05/the-best-video-you-will-see-about-the-global-shutdown/
- For families; Animals Around the World Online Animal Lessons for Kids A week of online animal lessons starting Monday, April 6, 2020 and ending on Friday April 10, 2020. Meet new animals everyday. This lesson is 100% interactive. Your child can ask Animal Experts questions about the animals and answer them live. Meet animals from the rain forest, desert, and more. Space is Limited. www.thenaturecompany.org/register.html
- I highly recommend watching the new season of Dark Money on Netflix, especially episode 3. "Slumlord Millionaire" is about active investigations into Jared Kushner. "For anyone who cares about government transparency, corruption, and housing rights, “Slumlord Millionaire” is well worth checking out." Check out this article on Salon. See it here on Netflix
- CRDC’s Awards Brunch has been postponed. We are hoping for a June date, and are working towards that. We will keep you updated. Everything at the moment is fluid.
- The NY Presidential Primary has been moved to June 23. Counties are permitting Absentee Voting for those seeking to vote by mail due to the safety concerns and selecting "Temporary Illness.” You can call : 1-866-VOTE-NYC (1-866-868-3692) to request an Absentee Ballot application to be mailed to you OR you can download and print : https://www.elections.ny.gov/votingabsentee.html or for easy use: B2020.me/NYabsentee. (Both links take you to a PDF of the application.)
- Please read these two beautiful tributes to Judy Richheimer, former CRDC President and a staple of our club and our community for decades. She passed away from the Coronovirus recently: Chelsea Community News & NY1
Once again, if you need any help during this crisis, please reach out to me. We will get through this!!!
Do you like this post?